This blog is dedicated to things I've written of a non-journal-esque nature, i.e. poetry, advice prose, essays.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Let's kick off the poetry section with some LDS Literature!

I've been having an interesting discussion with some friends on Facebook about LDS Literature and its lacking-ness. From that discussion I've reached the conclusion, once again, that nothing will change unless I do something about it myself. That goes for the rest of you, too, so quit griping and get producing!

I have noticed, at least in my own life, that Sundays are usually the only day for spiritual aspects to be found in life. What good does that do, deciding on Sunday which parts of life are spiritual but then not noticing them when they actually apply? Back when I was in college I managed to find spirituality everywhere, and I think maybe my busy lifestyle has just made it so Sundays are the only time I reflect on my religion. I was a lot more spiritual before I had kids, let me tell you that. lol. That's not an excuse, and I didn't mean it as one. I'm just saying I need to kick start my life again.

So here goes. I would like to get back to writing poetry. I'm not sure what I've written is any good, and looking back I know much of it isn't. But I'd like to share some of my poems here, and I'd like to start with a few of the religious ones I wrote in college. I'm going to put them in different posts, leaving this one to be an explanation of things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment