This blog is dedicated to things I've written of a non-journal-esque nature, i.e. poetry, advice prose, essays.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Missionary Heroes by Jill, October 2005

When I wrote this, I thought it was a sonnet. I guess it's really not. Oh well.

Truth is found for me through those who know
The bath of truth, the way we all must strive.
Faith from strength of others helps me grow;
It's there for all to hear - that they might live.
I ache for those who say they can't believe,
Who turn away from truth, from love and peace.
Those who go forth, comforts and friends they leave
Cause my heart to swell, my pride increase.

The word of God makes my heart to sing.
I want to be a part of this great work.
From far and wide members are gathering
To hear that which will guide them from the murk
of the world, the darkness all are in
Save those who grasp the rod with all their might
And lead their fellow men back to the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment